Full Porcelain Crowns
In short, a dental crown is a dental cap that appears and functions like a natural tooth. This dental restoration covers the entire tooth to restore its function, shape, size, alignment and natural color.
Dental crowns are essential in retaining the aesthetic value of the teeth, helping you maintain a healthy smile with confidence. In addition, the crown improves the tooth’s structure which may have weakened or damaged due to injury or infection.
Dental crowns are made of different types of materials. In fact, common elements include metal alloys, porcelain, porcelain fused metals, composite resin, and ceramic.
The choice of material depends on the patient’s preference. For example, most patients prefer porcelain since it appears the most natural and is known to last a very long time.
Dental Crown Placement
The dental placement procedure involves the following;
- Preparation- after assessment and a dental exam, the dentist prepares the tooth to place the dental crown. The preparation consists of the removal of any decay or loosely hanging pieces of the tooth.
- Impression- the dentist creates a mouth impression. The impression usually involves making a mold or digital scan of the tooth and mouth structure. Plus, this allows the dental lab to create a crown that fits perfectly in your mouth. Additionally, the tooth-colored crowns will match with your existing teeth color. The grace period for the crown model preparation might take about two weeks before which the dentist places a temporary crown in the meantime.
- Crown placement- once the crown model is prepared, it will be ready for placement. The dentist will attach the crown using a special cement while making any necessary adjustments. Likewise, the dentist will check your bite to assure the crown is properly placed. In addition, he or she will also speak with you regarding proper maintenance.
- For instance, tooth crown require normal teeth brushing and flossing. Also, avoid biting on hard foods to prevent chipping and damage. Should your crown ever become damaged, contact the dental office right away.
Dental Crown Benefits
Tooth crowns play a significant role in helping you maintain proper dental hygiene and health. For instance, below are the benefits of having a dental crown.
- Filling up cavities that are too large for a regular cleaning
- Gives stability and strength to crooked, cracked, fractured, worn out or weakened tooth
- Can be placed on top of an implant, giving it a tooth-like appearance
- Restores a tooth that underwent a root canal procedure
- Great dental aesthetic choice, especially for severely discolored teeth
Learn More About Dental Crowns
Worcester Quality Dental offers the best dental services, inclusive of dental crown in Worcester MA. Learn more about dental restoration treatments by scheduling a consultation.
New and existing patients may call (508) 754-0918 or book an appointment online. Our caring staff is ready to assist and answer any questions you may have. Additionally, we are located at 715 Pleasant Street Worcester, MA 01602.
We welcome new patients and most insurances. Moreover, our dental office assists patients of all ages and provides a variety of dental solutions. We look forward to meeting you!
Specialty Dental Services
Replace your missing teeth with a permanent solution. Stimulate & preserves natural bone with dental implants. Worcester Quality Dental is your most preferred choice for dental implant treatment.
Dental bridges are one of the most effective ways to restore your smile. Missing teeth is known to cause dental issues such as teeth shifting, decay, gum disease, and additional tooth loss. Protect your smile by replacing your missing teeth today.
Many patients believe bleeding gums is a common occurrence when brushing their teeth. What they don’t know is that they may be in the early stages of periodontal diseases. Get the treatment your smile deserves.